Fremantle City Library is teaming up with Dunbarton Public Library in New Hampshire, U.S.A. for an exchange of postcards, goodies and information.
8-14 year olds are invited to be part of this exciting project by writing a postcard or letter for the library to include in a parcel to be sent from Fremantle to Dunbarton.
G’Day For Reading is Dunbarton’s Summer Holiday Reading Program. Dunbarton kids aged between 8-14 years are waiting to hear from YOU about what it’s like to be a young person in Fremantle!
Some ideas to get you started:
- First name and age
- Favourite and least favourite food
- Describe a typical school day
- What “cool” thing have you learned this year?
- Favourite thing to do in the winter or summer
- Favourite book or author
- Any pets?
- Favourite thing about Fremantle/Perth/Western Australia.
- An interesting person or story from Fremantle’s history
- Favourite music/movies/video games
Pick up a free postcard from Fremantle City Library, or purchase your own or write a letter, then “post” it in the box in the Children’s Library by Saturday, 19th July, for your letter to be included in the parcel to the U.S.A.
School classes or community groups are welcome to contribute letters or postcards to this project. For further information, please contact Fremantle City Library.
If you would like to be invited to the opening of the parcel from Dunbarton, please ask to be added to the invitation list by phoning the Library or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org