Join us for National Simultaneous Storytime on Thursday 22nd May at 10am in the Library. We’ll be reading from The Wrong Book by Nick Bland and making a “right” crafty activity afterwards!
National Simultaneous Storytime is an important annual campaign that aims to encourage more young Australians to read and enjoy books. Now in its 13th successful year it is a colourful, vibrant and fun event that aims to promote the value of reading and literacy using an Australian childrens book.
By facilitating National Simultaneous Storytime we aim to;
- promote the value of reading and literacy;
- promote the value and fun of books;
- promote an Australian writer and publisher;
- promote storytime activities in public libraries and communities around the country;
- provide opportunities to involve parents, grandparents, the media and others to participate in and enjoy the occasion.
NSS receives positive media coverage, generates a great deal of community interest and is held annually as part of Library and Information Week.
In 2012 over 380000 children at over 2000 locations across Australia took part in National Simultaneous Storytime, reading the book The Very Cranky Bear, written by Nick Bland and enjoying a range of supporting educational activities, songs, games, dress ups and lots of fun.